Nice to meet you
I'm a front-end specialist. Love being part of cross-functional teams and working with product owners to be the logical glue between the back-end devs and the designers.
My favourite tool is currently React, but I love anything that lets me to build UIs in a declarative way. And always eager to adopt whatever the team agrees upon!
I come from a fullstack background. Familiar with back-end tech (Node, Go, SQL databases), and delighted to dive into it when it is required!
December 2022 - Now
Senior front-end engineer
- Who? A unicorn startup offering a fully managed, open source cloud data platform.
- What? Aiven is committed to open source software, and therefore has an Open source program office (OSPO), which is a team of employees working full-time on maintaining the projects we depend on. As part of the OSPO, I joined the Klaw project's team. Klaw is a self-service Apache Kafka® governance tool, allowing users to implement secure workflows to manage their Apache Kafka® clusters.
- My role: Currently focusing on migrating the front-end from Angular 1 to React 18. This includes: making architectural decision with high emphasis on maintainability and accessibility, collaborating closely with back-end engineers to improve the API design of the project.
January 2019 - November 2022
- Who? A dynamic growth SAAS startup selling a holistic promotion engine solution.
- What? Talon.One is a twofold product: a webapp to create flexible rule-based marketing campaigns, and a powerful API to evaluate customer sessions according to those rules.
- My role: Building and owning front-end features for our web app, in close collaboration with front-end teammates, the UX/UI team and the back-end team (geolocation, rule builder, UI redesign). Optimizing build tools and addressing tech debt (cut Webpack build time in half, enforcing code standards, updating legacy React codebase). Led a major redesign effort of the product (implementing specs by creating maintainable, reusable components). Grew into a leadership role (mentoring new hires, representing engineering concern in product meetings, planning and executing / delegating necessary tasks).
July 2017 - December 2018
- Who? A mature startup providing an SEO service to thousands of users daily as a freemium model.
- What? WooRank offers a limited free review for any url entered by the user. Subscribing to the service opens access to a keyword tool, PDF generation, competitor tracking, analytics and more. Deeply committed to high availability and continuous integration / deployment through containerized micro-services (Node / React), and multiple daily deploys.
- My role: Built new features from back-end to front-end (PDF generation, Facebook API metrics gathering, mailing service). Proposed solutions to solve our user's issues and gathered technical consensus (styles theming for PDFs). Addressed maintenance issues (legacy PHP codebase). Participated in first-response effort during crisis.